As a result of our recent organic growth and acquisitions, we are seeking experienced professionals within our industry, to take on new challenges within our emerging Regions. You will be responsible of managing the financial accounting and statements of DP World, Berbera.
You will be in charge of:
Prepare journal entries and reconcile general ledger and subsidiary accounts;
Prepare monthly financial statements, including monthly revenue and expenditure reports of departments
Analyse and reconcile expenditure and revenue accounts
Ensure correct data entry is recorded in the financial accounting system
Calculate and prepares reimbursement billings and tracks receivables
Prepare audit schedules for external auditors
Prepare annual financial statements
Assist Finance & Accounts Manager with the preparation of the annual financial statements and periodic budgets analysis reports
Ensure accounting and monitoring of inventory stores
Manage fiscal year ending and fixed asset accounting
Review payroll at the month end before sending to Finance Manager
Review payroll adjustments for the month before sending to Finance Manager
Review the payroll schedules prepared for GOSI and Severance before sending to Finance Manager for approval
Ensure compliance with Fatal Risk Standards
Ensure compliance with Safe Work Practices
Ensure compliance with HSE Policy
Experience & Qualifications
The ideal candidate will possess a professional public accounting qualification (CPA, CFA/ACCA etc/Bachelor's degree in accounts/management accounting) and at least 5 - 7 years of experience in senior financial management with an understanding and Knowledge of the port industry.
You will also have excellent skills in budgeting, data compilation and reporting as well as the ability to evaluate complex financial systems and efficiently formulate and install accounting methods, procedures, forms and records. In addition, you should have proven managerial capabilities, the confidence to communicate with all levels of management and have an appreciation for different cultural environments.
DP World is a leading enabler of global trade and an integral part of the supply chain.
We operate multiple yet related businesses – from marine and inland terminals, maritime services, logistics and ancillary services to technology-driven trade solutions.
We have a portfolio of 77 operating marine and inland terminals supported by over 50 related businesses in 40 countries across six continents with a significant presence in both high-growth and mature markets. We aim to be essential to the bright future of global trade, ensuring everything we do has a long-lasting positive impact on economies and society.
Our dedicated team of over 37,000 employees from 110 countries cultivates long-standing relationships with governments, shipping lines, importers and exporters, communities, and many other important constituents of the global supply chain, to add value and provide quality services today and tomorrow.
Container handling is the company’s core business and generates more than three quarters of its revenue. In 2015, DP World handled 61.7 million TEU (twenty-foot equivalent units) across our portfolio. With its committed pipeline of developments and expansions, the current gross capacity of 79.6 million TEU is expected to rise to more than 100 million TEU by 2020, in line with market demand.
By thinking ahead, foreseeing change and innovating we aim to create the most productive, efficient and safe trade solutions globally.
 As of April 2016
DP WORLD IMPERSONATED IN A RECRUITING SCAM
Dubai, UAE :DP World, Ltd. (DP World) alerts job applicants and the public about a fraudulent scheme in which DP World has been impersonated.
The scammers fraudulently:
DP World informs job applicants and the public that:
- Impersonate DP World;
- Impersonate DP World employees;
- Conduct “job interviews” via text message, telephone, e-mail, and/or instant message (including Google Hangout) communications for work-from-home positions;
- “Hire” employees to join DP World;
- Provide the “employees” with funds to buy home-office equipment and pay DP World “vendors” via fraudulent checks and money orders; and
- Instruct the “employees” via e-mail, text message, telephone, or instant message to deposit the checks into their personal bank accounts and wire or cash transfer some portion of the funds to “vendors,” which are actually the scammers.
- DP World is not expanding its operations in the United States in the next 3-6 months (as the scammers allege);
- DP World’s operations in the United States are currently limited to Charlotte, North Carolina and are not expanding to any other locations for the foreseeable future;
- DP World does not solicit potential employees via text message or instant messaging;
- DP World does not interview employees by text message, e-mail, or instant messaging (including Google Hangouts);
- DP World does not issue payment to its employees, prospective or otherwise, via paper check or money order;
- DP World does not require employees to buy their own office equipment or personally pay vendors; and
- The scammers have fraudulently used the name of DP World and its employees without authority and for malicious purposes.
One of the red flags that distinguishes a false communication from a legitimate DP World communication is the poor grammatical use of the English language, which is apparent in conversations with the scammers. Another red flag is the method of communication as DP World does not use commercially-available e-mail providers. No legitimate DP World communication would come from a common, publicly-available email service like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
Further, false communications can also be identified by the tasks requested by the scammers. DP World does not request that its employees pay vendors personally, whether from their own funds or from funds provided by DP World. Likewise, DP World would never ask an employee to cash a check or money order and then make a deposit into a vendor’s account.
Contacted individuals should not respond to any communication regarding the scam, and under no circumstances should any individual deposit any checks, money orders, or other payments from the scammers into their bank accounts. If such funds are for some reason deposited, no payments should be made from those funds for at least seven (7) days after the funds are deposited to ensure the individual’s bank has accepted the check, money order, or other payment.
DP World encourages potential employees to refer to its website and its “Careers” section if they are seeking employment with DP World.
If you have any concerns about the authenticity of any correspondence or documents that purport to be issued by DP World, you should direct your concerns to DP World at HO.Recruitment@dpworld.com.