About the Business
DP World is one of the leading global terminal operators with a network of 43 marine terminals spanning 28 countries. We provide quality services designed to enhance customers' supply chain efficiency, including bringing together container and other terminals, free zones, logistics facilities, infrastructure developments and consultancy services where these services add value for customers. We are committed to providing an environment that is safe for all and, together in taking personal accountability with our employees for making safe decisions at all times, we can achieve this goal.
About the Role
This position reports to Refrigeration Supervisor and the main purpose of the role is to maintain the functionality of the Port cold Store & cool stores refrigeration plant & associated equipment thereby adding support to the smooth functioning of cold store operations.
Key accountabilities will include:
To perform preventive maintenance of refrigeration plant to maximize the reliability of the operation & minimize breakdowns & disruption to the cold store operation.
To regularly check equipment and chambers and overview logging of important system functions for effective maintenance.
To diagnose faults and repair broken down and damaged equipment to avoid wastage in time, cost and resources.
To ensure equipment is running efficiently and the required operating conditions are maintained in the cold store chambers for operational requirements.
To keep plant and structure in good condition for prolonged service life to meet operational demands.
To carry out maintenance, repairs and monitoring duties on Cool store facilities and cold store block air-conditioning systems for smooth flow of technical operations.
Experience & Qualifications
In order to give credible support to the organisation and be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following experience, skills and qualifications:
Minumum Qualification required to perform the Job
- The job holder should be a diploma holder with a subject content in Refrigeration Engineering
Skills and Experience
- 5 years in the maintenance and repairs of industrial refrigeration plant.
- 5 years experience of industrial ammonia refrigeration systems.
- 2 years experience in the repair and maintenance of helical screw compressors.
Renumeration and Employment Benefits
We are committed to the development of our people and aim to retain talent by investing in ongoing training to improve performance and provide career development opportunities. In addition, we offer competitive base salaries in comparison to the markets in which we operate. The employment benefits package is reflective of the location, for this position the benefits consists of:
- Accommodation Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Air Ticket for self every 2 years
- Government Medical Coverage
- 22 working days annual leave
- Annual Performance Related Bonus
- End of Service Benefit
DP WORLD IMPERSONATED IN A RECRUITING SCAM
Dubai, UAE :DP World, Ltd. (DP World) alerts job applicants and the public about a fraudulent scheme in which DP World has been impersonated.
The scammers fraudulently:
DP World informs job applicants and the public that:
- Impersonate DP World;
- Impersonate DP World employees;
- Conduct “job interviews” via text message, telephone, e-mail, and/or instant message (including Google Hangout) communications for work-from-home positions;
- “Hire” employees to join DP World;
- Provide the “employees” with funds to buy home-office equipment and pay DP World “vendors” via fraudulent checks and money orders; and
- Instruct the “employees” via e-mail, text message, telephone, or instant message to deposit the checks into their personal bank accounts and wire or cash transfer some portion of the funds to “vendors,” which are actually the scammers.
- DP World is not expanding its operations in the United States in the next 3-6 months (as the scammers allege);
- DP World’s operations in the United States are currently limited to Charlotte, North Carolina and are not expanding to any other locations for the foreseeable future;
- DP World does not solicit potential employees via text message or instant messaging;
- DP World does not interview employees by text message, e-mail, or instant messaging (including Google Hangouts);
- DP World does not issue payment to its employees, prospective or otherwise, via paper check or money order;
- DP World does not require employees to buy their own office equipment or personally pay vendors; and
- The scammers have fraudulently used the name of DP World and its employees without authority and for malicious purposes.
One of the red flags that distinguishes a false communication from a legitimate DP World communication is the poor grammatical use of the English language, which is apparent in conversations with the scammers. Another red flag is the method of communication as DP World does not use commercially-available e-mail providers. No legitimate DP World communication would come from a common, publicly-available email service like Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo Mail or Microsoft Outlook.
Further, false communications can also be identified by the tasks requested by the scammers. DP World does not request that its employees pay vendors personally, whether from their own funds or from funds provided by DP World. Likewise, DP World would never ask an employee to cash a check or money order and then make a deposit into a vendor’s account.
Contacted individuals should not respond to any communication regarding the scam, and under no circumstances should any individual deposit any checks, money orders, or other payments from the scammers into their bank accounts. If such funds are for some reason deposited, no payments should be made from those funds for at least seven (7) days after the funds are deposited to ensure the individual’s bank has accepted the check, money order, or other payment.
DP World encourages potential employees to refer to its website and its “Careers” section if they are seeking employment with DP World.
If you have any concerns about the authenticity of any correspondence or documents that purport to be issued by DP World, you should direct your concerns to DP World at HO.Recruitment@dpworld.com.