VAC1048 - Tug Able Seaman
||Jebel Ali, U.A.E.
||DPW UAE MARINE
To deck crew on large Port Tugs thus contributing to efficient operation of port large tugs
Responsibilities will include:
- To act as general purpose crewman on port’s large tugs by providing assistance to tug master.
- To act as part of the port’s emergency and anti-pollution team providing support to safety procedures and polices.
- To go aboard and crew any vessel being towed as ordered by the Tug master therefore maintaining customer satisfaction for shipping lines.
- To steer the tug visually or by compass using rope works in a safe and careful manner.
- To effectively use VHF Radio Equipment to receive and pass information while providing tug assistance
The Marine Department controls on all the functions of the Marine, E.g.: Tugs, Mooring & Pilot Boats. It also controls Vessel Traffic & Marine Invoicing and, the pollution emergency. Furthermore, it arranges for Berthing & Sailing and, manages for the smooth & effective Berthing.
In order to give credible support to the organisation, it is essential you have the following:
Skills & Experience
- Minimum 4 years of tug experience
- Must be fully conversant with ship mooring methods & equipment.
- Must be able to use VHF Radio equipment and Fire and safety course
- Higher Secondary School Certificate preferably with Certificate of Tug Seamanship
|Rewards & Opportunities:
Competitive salary, including:
- Accommodation allowance, Transport allowance
- Staff accommodation
- every two years Air ticket allowance for self
- Government Medical Insurance
- 22 working days annual leave per annum
- Discretionary annual performance bonus
- Expatriates - receive Gratuity at the end of service
- As a member of the Dubai World group, there is a large number of discounts available to DP World staff in the UAE region
Training, Development & Career Progression
We are committed to the development of our people and aim to retain talent by investing in ongoing training & development to help improve skills and performance.
To download the full job description please click here
|Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV
DP World processes personal information in accordance with
Data Protection principles and takes reasonable steps to ensure accuracy of
data. Please be advised that your personal information is stored in a secure
central database which is owned by the Dubai World Group of Companies, of which
DP World is a part of.
You are about to be redirected to an application form; by
completing this form you confirm that the personal information provided is true
and correct to the best of your knowledge. In addition, you have read and fully
understand the contents herein and consent to Dubai World Group of Companies
processing of your personal data for relevant purposes in accordance with the
Company’s Data Protection Policy.